For me, faith is several things but most of all faith is manifested in, and measured by, trust. Trust in absolutely everything I know about God, His character and His promises. Trust in spite of all the problems and rotten things that happen. My trust has waxed and waned over the years with more waning than waxing. But that's really not smart; in fact just plain stupid. I know the truth and I know I can trust God 100%. Just do it. Live your faith. Show your faith. Trust.
29. God is faithful or full of faith. (Romans 3:3)
30. Faith is the fundamental relational dynamic of love, which is to say, faith is what love looks like in action toward others. God is love, therefore God hopes the best for and believes the best of every person (1 Corinthians 13:7).
31. God is love, therefore God never fails in His relational commitment, never ceases to be who He is, never gives up on a person (1 Corinthians 13:8).
32. God is love, therefore God relates to us according to our potential rather than according to our present reality, which means He regards us as righteous and innocent ahead of the fact, not as a lying fiction, but as an act of living faith (Romans 4:17; 2 Corinthians 5:19).
33. We are fundamentally and dangerously flawed in our theology if we preach faith in Jesus as the starting point of salvation. Before I can have faith in Jesus, I must encounter the faith of Jesus. His faith is the catalyst for mine, not mine for His (Romans 3:21-22).
34. The sinner’s faith in Christ possesses no merit, contributes nothing to the achieved reality of our salvation in Christ, adds no additional salvific data whatsoever to the objective facts of the gospel. Faith does not produce facts, but rather perceives and believes the facts that precede it in Christ (Ephesians 2:8-10).
35. In the light of God’s faith-full love, the only way for any person to be eternally lost is by persistently choosing to resist God’s love to the point that the very capacity for perceiving and believing His love is obliterated from the soul (John 3:18-21; Romans 1:18-20).